Monday, February 19, 2007

Etsy

I was just wondering is any of you have heard of and/or used the Etsy site? It's a site for "buying and selling all things handmade". Think eBay-chic-handmade-fashion-art-stuff. Anyway, I came across it and it seems fairly popular, although I hadn't heard of it before. And it also appears to be the perfect venue to sell my sewing designs and small art. I'm not sure yet how the service charges compare to an eBay store (will look into it later), but Etsy seems like the kind of place that would be easier to sell your stuff at 'cause the people that visit the site would be willing to pay decent for your work. What do you guys think? I mean, I really am getting to the point where I need an outlet for my creative side (on outlet that would hopefully provide a little extra cash at least). Any advice or suggestions are very welcome (Tina, how's the eBay store thing going?).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know anything about them. But now I know where t buy gifts. How cool are the books and zines. Search the name and complaints and see what you get.
hearts Mr. Brown

mercurysmile said...

This site is so cool! I am so totally signing up... okay... I already did sign up. I haven't figured out selling fees jsut yet, but this is so awesome! It's almost all my dreams come true....

MISS YOU!

Mr. Brown said...

I am too! I am too! I am going to sell lovely pictures of me! Okay I am soooooo not selling anything. Sniff...insert tears.